Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > maxisys Elite update problem
maxisys Elite update problem

2417 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-12-05 15:59:49

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    arman
    2016-11-24 22:47:33
     hi,
    I bought maxisys elite 6 months ago and i updated today and after that there is no car file in the system. I am really upset because i followed all the steps that is required to update and have no idea why my older files are gone I really need your help to get my older files,
    best regards

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    mechanicj

2016-11-25 17:52:09 (Reply to:arman)

Me too !!!!Help me. Please.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    martinbjorn

2016-11-26 19:47:19 (Reply to:arman)

Just got 1 it updated and lost all car had to update all the again that worked for me
    hope it helps

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-28 22:49:53 (Reply to:martinbjorn)

Geez , F@cking  Support, Maxi Sys Elite is your Company Flagship Diagnostic System!!! , Where the F@ck are you on here  this past month? ???
     And those with problems and questions , at least post your Serial numbers of your devices, so support can verify you and  your tools, that what you are b@tching about is actually legit , that  you are not just paid Trolls on here ,  that you already tried  contacting  Autel support by e-mail and phone for a resolution  and were ultimately unsuccessful for a couple days before coming on here and  b@tching about it!  WTF!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-12-05 15:59:49 (Reply to:witsend)

Looks to me like Autel has also pulled what little support it did offer on  this User forum. Posters are not likely going to get  quick fix answers on forumk.You have to realize that if you purchase a Price Point Scan tool (even if it is The Company Flagship Product), It sells for 1/2 to 1/3 what The competition  Strap On Dredge  runs, so that price point difference is equates to less support, longer wait time for a response, and longer down time of your tool before problems get resolved.
       A few common sense things before you update a working tool is to close out any unnecessary apts and   create  a back up copy of the entire  scan folder on a fresh blank SD card of sufficient size, remove the card  and copy the contents of the card to a new folder on a clean windows PC, and save the card in a safe place.
      You need a good uninterrupted high speed internet connection,  and do it at non peak use time, preferably at home in a non rushed environment.
      You want to update only one make of car manufacturer at a time with a fully charged battery with the  auxiliary AC power adapter connected.
       If your WIFI is questionable , maybe turn WIFI  off and figure out how to update it using the  Ethernet cable.
     You need plenty of excess space on the internal hard drive to be able to update a make with huge size like BMW properly, because it generally won't  remove the old files until all the new files are copied and installed , and becomes like playing a game of Musical Chairs to fit all that Teutonic Sh@t  on the drive. So I would manually get rid of the contents of an entire folder of a large manufacturer including the Sub Turds of Mini and Smart, empty the trash bin,Down load the Apps again then update BMW, Mini , and Smart  before you take any new garbage on top of the old Sh@t . LMAO  
  Total1 Pages